About BanswadaBanswada is a town and Mandal in Nizamabad District of Telangana State. It is also the headquarters of Banswada town. Banswada is around 46 kms. from Nizamabad. Cities near Banswada are Nizamabad, Medak, Kamareddy and Bodhan. PIN Code of Banswada is 503187. Manjeera River flows in 3 kms. West of Banswada.
In the Banswada Mandal, there are 43 villages and 14 Panchayats --- Khadlapur being the smallest village.
Towards the North of Banswada Mandal lies Birkoor Mandal while Nizamsagar Mandal is towards the South. Towards the West is Bichkunda Mandal.
People residing here speak Telugu language. Summers are very hot with day temperature touching somewhere between 33 degrees to 46 degrees centigrade.
History of BanswadaThe name 'Banswada' has been derived from the ancient name 'Mahisawada' (Mahabharata). Some believe that Banswada was derived from the name Basavanamu which means Mogilopura Thota (Pandanus plantation). It is believed that the town was established by pandanus plantation in the region.
Banswada Assembly ConstituencyBanswada is also an Assembly Constituency. Pocharam Srinivas Reddy Parige from the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) was elected in the 2014 Assembly Elections as a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA).
Economy of BanswadaThe main occupation of people living here is agriculture. Places nearby have some major irrigation projects such as Nizam Sagar (Pocharam), Ali Sagar Lift Irrigation, Sri Ram Sagar (Pochampahad), etc. Major crops cultivated here include sorghum, rice, turmeric, sugarcane, maize, vegetables and pearl millet.
Most of the industries are located at Nizamabad area. One of the biggest sugar factories during Nizam period was Nizam Deccan Sugar Factory which is situated here. Nizamabad district comes under 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640), and has been receiving funds from the BRGF (Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme).
Your trip to Banswada will be an exciting one as it has many tourist destinations nearby. Enjoy your stint at Telangana!
Tourist Places near Banswada
- Medak: In Medak, Sai Baba temple, Medak Cathedral, Pocharam Reservoir, Medak Church are places you must surely visit!
- Hyderabad: Well, this is the capital city of Telangana so famous for its white pearls. Charminar, Hussain Sagar, Chowmahalla Palace, Salar Jung Museum, Golkonda, Ramoji Film city, Falaknuma Palace, Nehru Zoological Park etc. are some tourist destinations you will love to see.
- Gulbarga: Khwaja Bande Nawaz Dargah, Gulbarga Fort, Jama Masjid, Sannati (small village) are places to go for sure!
- Bidar: Bidar Fort, Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib, Narasimha Jharni are some tourist places in Bidar. Gurudwara Nanak Jhira Sahib was constructed in 1948 and is dedicated to Sikh Guru Nanak Dev. Gurudwara is replete with Diwan hall, place for 'langar' (community meals) and Diwan hall.Sultan Alla-Ud-Din Bahman of the Bahmani Dynasty built the Bidar Fort when he moved his Capital from Gulbarga to Bidar in 1427. The fort depicts Persian style of architecture.
Health Services in BanswadaThe Area Hospital in Banswada serves people residing in regions around Banswada, Varni, Bichkunda, Madnoor, Birkur, Gandhari, Pitlam, Nizamsagar mandals of Nizamabad district.
Transport in BanswadaBanswada does not have a Railway Station. Nanded Railway Station is the major railway station about 118 kms from Banswada. You can also reach Banswada from Bodhan Railway Station, Nizamabad Railway Station and Kamareddy Railway Station.
Banswada is connected well with neighbouring villages and towns by road. Banswada lies on Hyderabad-Bodhan State Highway No. 6.Telangana State Road Transport Corporation plies buses between Banswada and other neighbouring towns. Banswada has an TSRTC depot also which opened on 6th March, 1993.
Distance from Other Cities
- Karimnagar: 168 kms.
- Degloor (Maharashtra): 50 kms.
- Basara: 68 kms.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0